Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mustard Seed


The earlier part of this week was filled with those little foxes that can spoil the vine. We weren’t feeling really well which always makes things more annoying. A home project scheduled was to take four hours to complete. Here it is a week later and still….. (Sigh). One of Dan’s customers refused an order, including a case of dish soap, which he compensated for.

As mid-week arrived, our focus began to change. We are privileged to participate in a local mission Wednesday night worship service. A few of the residents approached us after the service. One wanted Jesus in his life. He and his new bride are now saved and walking in the Grace of God.

We took the dish soap to the mission. I noticed one young man gingerly picking up each bottle, smelling each like he had never seen dish soap before. The mystery was soon solved. He shared with us he had been washing dishes at the mission with hand soap because that was all they had. He said, “I prayed for dish soap just this morning and you brought it tonight.”

A young man we know was in dire need of a liver transplant. He was not expected to live more than a few weeks without it. We drove to Memphis to visit with him, his wife and baby daughter. They ended up blessing us with their positive attitude and faith. Both shared they knew God would come through for them. However He chose to answer their prayers, they were in total peace. The liver transplant has been done and he is doing well.


I received news my sister was very ill in a Mississippi hospital. As soon as I could gather my things I headed out for the three hour trip. As my night vision is lacking, I do not usually drive at night – especially long distances. With much prayer along the way, I made it safely without incident. My sister is still very ill. There are some minute signs of improvement. I know God will come through for her as well.

Life’s little annoyances can distract us from the big picture. God cares about all that concerns us no matter how big or small. I was reminded of the words I often speak to others; “Remember, you can’t go anywhere that God has not gone before you to make a way.”

Did I mention we are having a great week?


The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches. (Matthew 13:31-32)





2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love this post. It is such a reminder that God is in control and taking care of all the details of life......We just have to walk with Him and be obedient.....

Your obedience in all these circumstances shows me your loving heart.

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

Sandy said...

This is such a wonderful
post, Linda. We have to
always keep our eyes on
Jesus and we will see all
the ways He is constantly
at work in and through us.
I was blessed to read this
today.And I agree that your
sister will be well soon.
Hugs,
Sandy