Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is it just me?

We shared over breakfast with friends a few humorous encounters. They were perched on the ends of their sits as I am sure you will be. Or is it just me?



Noticing a half price sale at a local garden shop, we decided to check it out. I asked the cashier if all the trees were on sale. The reply, “No, only the dead and dying are on sale.” Not even this bargain hunting city girl would fall for that!



Upon ordering a whole rotisserie chicken, “Sorry, we only have half chickens, not whole ones.” Okay, now even with my limited math skills that can work. “I’ll take two.” “Wellllll, okay then?”



And maybe my favorite of the week, caller id flashes, “Phone Scam.” Really?


We ordered our usual Mocha Frappe. After a few minutes an employee approached us. “We ran out of mocha half way through making your drinks. Can I finish them off with another flavor?” “No thank you.”



I awoke Saturday to an empty house. I find Dan outside washing the cars as is his usual custom. It was pouring rain. Soaked to the bone he says, “It was raining just a little when I started. I have to finish before our company arrives.” They call me OCD.



Our very sweet and competent pharmacists counseled me on a new prescription. “This medication should be taken with food. I don’t think you will have a problem.”



I took a Lowe’s purchase back for a refund. The lady behind the counter says to me, “Home Depot.” Well, maybe it is just me!



I pray you will all find many days filled with humor and love!



He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. Job 8:21

No comments: