Monday, October 25, 2010

Roberta's Billboard




As I was driving to a meeting early Saturday morning, I thought I saw a familiar vehicle approaching from the opposite direction.  A glimpse into my rear view mirror was confirmation.  It was in fact our friend Roberta on her way to Hebrew class.

My mirror reflected the bumper stickers covering Roberta's car. Those and her pro-life license plate are causes near and dear to her heart.  Thankfully, Roberta is an intercessory prayer warrior.  She is not ashamed to stand up for what she believes and bombard heaven for Divine intervention.

Dan and I hold the same conservative views.  He is much more outspoken about his convictions.  I am more introverted and do not like confrontation.  It is a stretch for me to display signs, a bumper sticker and pass out literature in our neighborhood.

With the upcoming elections, it is vitally important that we stand up for and support our positions.  It is a personal challenge for me.  I and this nation can no longer remain passive.  It is a time for faith to take action. It is not about political parties.  We vote for the candidate who best represents His values.

I have asked God to give me a portion of Roberta's and Dan's boldness.  Silence is permission. God help us to seek His face and stand up for Him and His children.


Please.  Seek God and vote!  It is a privilege and a responsibility.


Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. Habakkuk 2:2















2 comments:

Patrinas Pencil said...

Silence is permission.

to Roberta :
You Go girl!

to brown shoe:
we all have different gifts. I'm quite certain that yours is different than Roberta's. Just walk - it will be OK.

You're voice is heard here.

blessings
patrina <")>><
warrior bride in boots

Sandy said...

Linda,
I agree wholeheartedly with
Patrina. We all have different
gifts. God can use all of us
in one way or another and I
do believe our voices are
heard here.
Blessings,
Sandy