Sunday, November 7, 2010

California Sunrise




Sunrise over the Nelson's home. Tough life they have.  Sigh....


        We are back from our trip to the VERY sunny and warm Southern California. Our flight plan took us from Memphis to Los Angeles, city of movie stars and concrete, to our final destination in San Diego. The return flight took us through Salt Lake City. The bird’s eye view of this city was also stunningly beautiful. Perhaps Utah will appear on our “someday” list. From the desert, to the ocean and the snow covered mountain tops of California and Utah, God’s artistry is breathtaking. We marveled at the lush vegetation in arid places.


Sunrise from Doris and BIL's home.



      I know you all will be terribly disappointed I am not bombarding you with photos today. That is only because we dropped the camera into the ocean. Not a great idea, as brother in law (BIL) Mike reminded us. The camera is a goner, but the card was saved. I suppose that could be filed under good news/bad new for some of you!



      While we viewed more than one sunset, we only made it up for one sunrise. We had an early (as in vacation time) flight out. No doubt the neighbors were none to happy to hear us running around snapping photos at sunrise.
Almost looks like God's hands blessing the sunrise!




      My sister Doris emailed these last photos taken from their camera. I love my sister. She spoils me. She remembered I loved black forest cake and prepared it for me. Good excuse continuing my birthday celebration. We (okay me) ate chocolate cake for meals. Dan’s treat was Mom’s apple pie from Julian.





Andrea and Cade

     Along with my sister and “BIL” we visited with niece Andrea (she totally rocks-unbiased opinion) partner Daniel and great nephew Cade. The last we saw Cade he was just a toddler. When he saw me he said, “She looks really young to be her age.” No. I dared not ask the age his nine year old mind envisioned. The comment did boost his position to most favorite Cali relative.

Daniel and Cade














   You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.



Nehemiah 9:6  (NIV)















3 comments:

Sandy said...

Such beautiful pictures! I love
the one where it looks like
God is spreading His hand out
above the clouds. Glad you had
such a good time. Good to have
you back.

Linda Jackson said...

Thank you Sandy. God is so good to us. Who can deny He created this beautiful world!

Saleslady371 said...

These photos do make me pause and thank God for His beauty. So glad you had a nice trip and that your family is well.