Monday, February 21, 2011

The Stowaway


Celebrating Dan's Birthday and Valentine's Day by
allowing him to take me out to dinner --'cuz I am thoughful that way! :)



A friend of ours gave us a large Christmas plant. As I have said many times, those thoughtful gifts of love are priceless to us. We brought the plant in to enjoy during the holidays and protect it from the harsh weather. Unbeknown to me, there was a stowaway on board.


Poor Little Frightened Mr. Froggy!


Imagine my shock and surprise while watering the plant; I saw a set of tiny eyes staring back at me. Obviously just as frightened, or more so than I, was a tree frog, clinging to the plant for dear life.



Now I love these adorable little creatures as much as the next person, however, I prefer to adore them from afar – outside of the house! When Dan came home I assigned him the task of taking Mr. Froggy outside.



Removing frogs, bugs and things of that sort is one of the acts of love performed by our husbands. February is known as the love month. To some, February 14th is a day of pain and sadness. Having both been there, done that and wore the t-shirt, we fully understand and appreciate that.





Valentine’s Day is more than a one day a year occurrence. We generally have a double celebration of Valentine’s Day and Dan’s birthday as they are back to back. We both look forward to those special occasions. It is, however, those day to day acts of love and self sacrifice that truly says I love you.



We know of several small children who are in cancer treatment. The sister of one such child celebrates her birthday each year with her best friend. This year, they asked for donations to St. Jude’s in lieu of birthday presents for themselves. These precious nine year old girls have a better grasp of true love than many adults ever hold.

Chocolate and Dan's Little Me in Biker Vest



My husband and I try to find little gifts of smiles. He’s in and out of the weather every day on his job. He has found the best and more comfortable way of keeping warm is a leather vest. Conservative Dan is the last person one would expect to find sporting leather biker vests. This fact has provoked many jokes and teasing. I woke Valentine’s Day to find a Teddy Bear sporting an identical vest to his. I cracked up laughing at the sight of this “Little Me” version of Dan. It wasn’t an expensive gift, but the effort and thought put into it is priceless to me. Mr. Froggy and I are both very grateful for him!



Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Acts 3:6

No comments: