Saturday, March 5, 2011

Birthday Blunder

Some of my most favorite people have March birthdays. One of them is my sister Doris and best friend in Cali. I made an all out effort to get the birthday cards in the mail to arrive on or before the actual birthdays. Armed with my list of things to do and cards, I headed out early. My first stop was the post office. Relieved that I had made the drop on time, I headed off to my volunteer jobs.



At the end of the day, I reached for my list and discovered Doris’ card lying in the passenger seat of the car. Apparently I had mailed my list instead of her card. Sigh! Now we have a wonderful letter carrier. When he has a day off, we notice. He goes above and beyond his regular duties. As good as he is I am quite sure should he receive my list, not even he would complete it for me.



Doris is such a thoughtful person. I don’t know that she has ever forgotten any occasion or been late with her well wishes. I felt badly about the possibility of her not receiving her card on time. That is- until she responded to my face book Happy Birthday wishes. Here we are, again, another cold, dark, dreary day and she emails it is a beautiful day in California. She thinks she will spend the day driving up the coast. Now that is just mean!



Seriously; have a wonderful birthday sis. I really do hope you enjoy your beautiful sunny drive up the coast today. Just think kind thoughts of us in the not so sunny south! I am sure you will let me know when you receive the card and/or the list!



"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you."



1 Thessalonians 3:12

2 comments:

Diane said...

I also have a few birthdays in March, the most precious to me being that of my late husband. You are a thoughtful lady to make such a special effort for those whom you love.

Oh, by the way, I am Diane from the ScarfSisters. I don't think I have visited your place before and I am sorry for that. I have been very undependable over the past sevearl months. Grief had taken my legs from beneath me. I am thankful the Lord remains the Wind Beneath My Wings and has brought me through!

Many hugs.......

Diane

Linda Jackson said...

I read your blog but didn't see where to sign up to follow. What part of TN are you from? I grew up in Memphis...small world.