Friday, December 21, 2012

Making Room for Daddy





It’s official. Danno is home full time. He is both excited and anxious about the future. Once he has his project list done, he is not sure what he will do with himself. Since I have been a full time resident for a few months now, I have no doubt there will be plenty to keep him busy.



Last night we went out to celebrate his homecoming. There is much to celebrate. Living apart for even a couple of days of the week is no fun. Today I am busy making room for all his “stuff” from his part time residence.


A happy Danno!


Today he is running his own errands. The first stop was the health food store to pick up his vitamins. The fun couple that owns it makes an awesome rum cake. I must learn to overcome the temptation to stop in every time I am in the shopping center. Last time I succumbed to the temptation, she greeted me with a sly smile. As she hands me my cake she says, “I must make a disclaimer, the healthy ends here and by popular demand, there is extra rum!” Now that I have let Danno in on my little secret, we will see how often he makes a run.

I think pounds are adding just by looking!



He promises to have a “Man Cave Sale” but now is wavering on that a bit. Again, we will see when we tackle that project. Regardless, we will be doing it together. That is why we are celebrating!



This weekend we look forward to the Jackson clan gathering at our home. We will have Christmas dinner with lovely friends and village family. Then we get to visit with grandchildren. Yippeee!



And as we speak (type), Danno just popped in to kiss me goodbye. He is making a second run to the health food store. Well okay---we are celebrating life together aren’t we?





Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life, which has been given to you under the sun, all your fleeting days. For that is your portion in life and in your struggle under the sun. Ecclesiates 9:9


3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

So happy you are together full time now in your new home. Have a blessed Christmas.

Linda Jackson said...

Thank you! Merry Christmas with much love!

Diane said...

So excited that you now get the reap the rewards of all those years of labor and separation and can now look forward to days spent together enjoying this golden time of your life. Live every minute to it's fullest; what a lovely gift you have been given! Merry Christmas to you and yours!