Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Trails








Dan and I are excited to take a mini road trip this weekend. Since visits with old friends and family have long since been over due, here we go!

Yesterday I was in a bit of a race with what appeared to be a major storm brewing.  It was as muggy as a sauna out. That is not a good sign in the spring.  I ran across this marking on the trail.  The first time I saw it I actually asked Dan what a “liart” was.  As you can imagine the look on his face as he asked, “You are kidding right?” As the meaning took shape in my little brain, I covered badly by saying I was in fact joking. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
 
The "Liart" Trail
Last night we attended a fund raising banquet for the local Teen Challenge Mission.  The guest speakers were the parents of former graduate and Navy Seal, Adam Brown.  They recounted the good life Adam had growing up, the fall and recovery from drug addiction to his ultimate sacrifice of his life in Afghanistan.
 
You can read about Adam's inspirational  life in the book "Fearless:.
Even though Adam’s life had an enormous immortal impact on many, we wept with his parents as they struggled to speak in the honor of their precious son. Thoughts of our family members that grieve over the loss of another fallen soldier, great nephew Barry. I cannot imagine the weight of the grief they feel everyday. Our sorrow certainly pales in comparison. Thoughts of broken relationships prick our hearts. 
 
I am so happy to see the little Dogwood tree I planted last fall survived the harsh winter.



The trail of life is not always clear cut.  It is paved with many pitfalls. Some we never will understand on this side of Heaven.  Last night’s physical and emotional storms are passed.  Today is a new day. Trees are beginning to bloom in signs of new life. We hope to make every effort to walk a happy trail today!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6





No comments: