Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Loves me? Loves me not?






Remember the children’s loves me daisy petal game?  We would pick wild daisy’s and pluck petals until we received the right answer to suit whatever our hearts desire was for that moment.

We have lived in our house long enough to decide on a few things we at first thought we loved but now have decided not.   After much deliberation, we decided to put new flooring down in a portion of the house. 
 
Loves me, loves me not.
Yesterday I spent several hours dismantling a row of book shelves.  In our continued efforts to be more organized (sigh), we have designated one area to be our offices. That is were I reassembled and restocked the book shelves.

Among the many books we also house special treasures within these shelves. Many memories came to mind as I moved these objects around. I wondered if the play dough handprints of our soon to be sixteen year old granddaughter would last much longer.  There is the dinosaur given to us by our middle grandson.  When we asked if he was sure he wanted to give it away he replied with a big grin “Yep, I took it from my brother.” 

Dan and I have always enjoyed being part of care teams at our churches.  I laughed out loud recalling one encounter.  A very sweet soul whom was part of our care family kept asking us out for a meal.  We determined we must make time as not to hurt their feelings.
 
Truly there can be a very fine line between love and hate?
Before the meal began, we were wondering if we could pick another daisy.  “We noticed you clap your hands when you worship. We don’t like that.” There were several more comments followed by, “We just don’t care for that. No offense to you.”

We have no doubt these precious ones really do love us.  No offense was taken. We found humor in their candor. After all, life is not filled with daisies.



Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  1 Peter 4:8



No comments: