Friday, October 14, 2011

Salt and Light

        Wednesday night we came home to find an invasion on our back deck. It and the outside door were covered with snails. Apparently the rain and darkness had drawn them out of hiding. Of course, I totally freaked out. I mean really! Gross! Yuck, etc, etc.



        Dan assured me when the sun came out they would retreat. I was not about to attempt to sleep with those slugs lurking about outside my door. I remembered that contact with salt destroys them. I emptied an entire box of salt over the deck, back door and side of the house. It did do the trick. The salt destroyed the disgusting critters, however, there was a slimy mess left behind to be dealt with.



        Some of us struggle with our secret sins that hide away in the dark tormenting our souls. The Light is what drives them away and destroys them when we apply the salt of genuine faith. Still there may remain the consequences of our choices. There is often the slimy mess of regret and sorry.



        Millions of people like me have bought the lie that terminating/aborting a pregnancy is acceptable in certain circumstances. Regardless of the reason, abortion leaves a horrific scar on the soul. Yes, when we truly repent, God freely forgives. He desires to comfort and heal us. We, however, can never recover the loss. We will forever grieve for our children.



        I recently had the opportunity to share my restoration story with two women in different places in their lives. One was heart broken from her abortion seeking help through Post Abortion Ministry. The other too cried bitterly as she remained adamant she must abort the child she was carrying. She believed it was the only choice she could make.



        I confided in a friend that I sometimes felt like throwing myself at their feet and begging them not to do this horrible thing to themselves and their child. We cannot make or force that decision upon anyone. We can only inform of the inevitable, pray and be available to extend the same Mercy, Grace and Love God has given us regardless of choices made.


        It is my belief that until post abortive women stand together in bringing their secret pain of abortion out of the darkness into the Light, the true devastation of abortion will remain unrestrained. In the United Sates alone, more than 1.5 million abortions are performed each year, making abortion one of the most common surgical procedures performed on women today. + 


        Should you find yourself in the situation where you feel there is no other choice to be made, I beg you to reconsider. There is a way for you and your child. You will never go anywhere in your life that He has not gone before you to make a way! If you have already made this choice, please seek out a Post Abortion Restoration and Recovery group in your area. There are many resources available to you. Call me, your local Crisis Pregnancy Center or find a group at www.surrenderingthesecret.com.



They dress the wound of my people as though it is not serious. “Peace, peace,” they say, when there is not peace. Jeremiah 6:14 NIV


+ “Abortion Data from Reports of the Alan Guttmacher Institute”: www.religoustolerance.org/abo-fact3.htm, accessed 11/15/06

No comments: