Saturday, November 9, 2013

Mini Vaca

Our good friend Becky has been visiting with us this weekend.  She was coming to this area for a family wedding and we are thrilled she decided to take a mini vaca with us. She plans to return to Jonesboro Sunday evening. That is of course unless she just happens to misplace her keys or something. In that event we would be duty bound to keep her.

We have crammed a lot into the last couple of days.  We took her to "our" Petit Jean mountain.  The lodge has been totally renovated and looks great.  Of course the views are beautiful as always.We hope to go back soon for a longer stay.

Today we visited with some of her family and friends in Hot Springs. Now she and Dan are doing one of their most favorite things----watching football.

Earlier in the week we visited our friend Ethel in the hospital.  At the tender young age of 98 her main health concern has been back pain.  She has tried for a long while to get the "glue" surgery for her back. When a physician finally consented to the procedure she was overjoyed. She chuckled as she relayed her conversation with the good doctor.  "He pulled a chair up to the bed and asked if I was sure I was born in 1915. He could not believe I was in such great health at 98.  I told him I was and I am!"


Another couple dropped by to visit her as well.  Ethel:"The new pastor was by earlier.  He said he tried to visit me at home but kept missing me.  I told him I didn't stay in that apartment."  She went on to declare, "All this company and they won't let me have my makeup!"  I think she is going to be just fine!

The icing on this week has been Dan's recovery progress.  He says he feels better this week than he has in years.  He is anxious to return to his teaching tomorrow. It is another love of his life he has missed.. Hopefully we are over this not so fun mountain.of heart ailments.

He has felt well enough to be bored this week.  I asked if he was up to vacuuming a couple of small rugs for me.  In no time he was armed and dangerous.  Be careful little mouth what you say!

Dan and his leave blower/vacuum cleaner.

I look to the mountains: where will my help come from?  My help will come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  He will not let you fall; your protector is always awake. The protector of Israel never dozes or sleeps. The Lord will guard you; He is by your side to protect you.  The sun will not hurt you during the day nor the moon during the night.  The Lord will protect you from all danger; He will keep you safe.  He will protect you as you come and go now and forever.  Psalm 121
.

No comments: