Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Today's Wink from God

As I made my way down the health and beauty aisle a gentlemen struck up a conversation. This is not unusual. The conversation that followed was.



He was looking for a particular brand of lotion.  I helped him find what he was searching for.  He continued to say he hoped the lotion met its claims.  He could only tolerate products with certain ingredients.  I said I was sure the pharmacist would be happy to answer any of his questions or concerns. “I am a pharmacist,” he replied.  “Oh well then—you should be good to go,” I stammered.

I walked away confused and a bit embarrassed.  I am not sure what that encounter was all about?  Particularly lately I have really been working on my co-dependent obsessive need to rescue and fix.  I can do neither but I my first response in any situation is try to make everyone happy.

Today I decided to take a different running trail.  Now that the weather is cooler, if feels great to run in the sunshine.  Each trail has its unique personality. The one I took around the golf course has its bridges and streams running around the greens.  This golf course has been closed for renovations. Some of the bridges have been torn down and replaced.  While they have not yet obtained that old weathered look I find so endearing, they are new and stronger than before.
 
JUST ONE OF THE NEW GOLF COURSE BRIDGES 
Some things we cannot fix regardless of how hard we try.  Dan says no doubt God put us together to hold each others broken heart.  We hold out hope that will change some day. That is our prayer. Even burned and destroyed bridges of the heart will be restored.  If we all could put as much effort into rebuilding as into the tearing down, new bridges, stronger and better can be built.

 
CAUTION!  WATCH CAT ON DUTY!
As I prayed until that time God would guard our hearts, I spotted our neighborhood “watch cat”.  It makes rounds through the neighborhood several times a day.  The route is deliberate and methodical.  I was encouraged with this wink from God.  He too is deliberate and never changing.  He too watches over us until, during and after the reconstruction He promises.


 Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.  Psalm 86:4-5




2 comments:

Jada's Gigi said...

He put us together to hold each others' broken hearts....I love that!

Linda Jackson said...

As He did for all of us right? Happy Thanksgving blessings to you!