Friday, February 5, 2010

Banana Pancakes


When Michael and Misty were small I so looked forward to our Saturday morning breakfast. It was a time to chill without stress of having to rush anywhere and a brief relief from worries of having more week than money. My daughter preferred banana pancakes while my son found them disgusting. So I happily burned out two separate batches of plain and banana and ate what was, if anything left.
It's the simple things we remember and smile. They are both married with children of their own and making their own memories. It is a treat for my son and his kids when he makes pancakes, plain of course! My son in law has his special Sunday breakfast treat for their family as well.
That's what family is. Simple expressions of love, time together, moments to remember. As much joy as it is to have a curly haired, chubby faced grand child running towards you just delighted that you live and breath, there is a moment wishing there was just one more plain and banana pancake breakfast!


Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD. Psalm 25:7
New International Version











No comments: