Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Set Together


I really enjoy watching the BBC Television series, "As Time Goes By." To those that are not familiar it is a story of a couple who were lovers younger in life and reunited a bit later. As they were discussing marriage they decided they were too set (in their ways). As Jean says, "Like a couple of old jellies, set."
Dan and I married a bit later in life. I will have to say he hangs onto my every word. Example: Sunday, I say, "I hear it's supposed to snow tonight. Do you think you will make your route?" Dan replies, "Okay." Monday morning I ask, "Did we get any snow?" Dan replies, "Snow? I haven't looked." He gets into his car to leave, opens the garage door, and immediately recloses it. As he re-enters the house he says, "Hey, we have a lot of snow. Routes won't be made today!" Who knew?!!!
Okay, so he doesn't quite tune into every word. But, we really are set. Set together like a couple of old jellies! What the heck, it's a snow day, let's have chocolate fudge cake. Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' chocolate from the oven!






Genesis 2:24 For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. (NASB )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to figure out this blog stuff. Concerning your 1/4 of a dog, now "wee bit" considers himself to be a full dog!! I just got a call and I now am starting a new job in the morning at 7:00 at Darrell's by the nuclear plant. I hear that is a good place for single women to meet men. Maybe "Mr Right" will come along for this gray haired babe!!! Have a nice day!!