Thursday, March 14, 2013

UN Journal



I had the honor and privilege to attend the United Nations in NYC as an American Representative for Endeavor Forum, Inc. Australia. The CSW (Committees on the Status of Women) forum 2013 is ending violence against women and girls.



Another lesson in humility-bleary eyed from flight!
 

Four women from the state of Arkansas were invited. We were traveling from different areas of the state at various times. I was scheduled to leave early Tuesday morning from the Little Rock airport. Late Monday night I received an urgent message: all flights to LaGuardia have been cancelled.


Last flight out!


Upon receipt of the message, I thought, “And so it begins.” We have learned to expect adversity. The airline found one flight into New Jersey but repeatedly warned that I would most likely be stranded in Chicago where I was to take my connecting flight into NYC. Knowing God would get us there in His time, I booked the flight.






Upon my arrival in Chicago, the boards where all yellow; cancelled; except my flight out to Newark, NJ. I was informed we would be the last flight out of Chicago then the airport would be closing due to the snow storm. I arrived in New Jersey to sunny skies. A vast contrast to the snow and ice left behind in Chicago!



I took a shuttle to our hotel in Manhattan where two of my colleagues, Pauly and Millie were to meet me. We stowed our luggage with the door man and raced to the United Nations to retrieve our passes.


Precious Lindsey


We hit the ground running and never slowed down. Later I received a call from our last colleague, Lindsey. She was devastated to learn all flights into the city were cancelled and she would not make it. We were all disappointed with her and us. God has a bigger better plan for Lindsey I have no doubt. She is a shining star rising for the Lord this young lady. I am so very proud of her!



Returning late to the hotel, we met with others from Canada and US to pray, encourage, and strategize. I being the wimp was the first to retreat to my room, crash and burn. End of day one for me!



Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23




No comments: