Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Vanity



The news anchor on the local Little Rock channel cheerfully announced that it had been a good January day—unfortunately it is almost April! I have enjoyed all of the facebook banter on the crazy weather. Rumor has it there is a class action law suit in the works against the groundhog! I hope that is tongue in cheek but these days who knows?

Taken 3/25/2013 , Uploaded 2 days ago
Punxsutawney, PA
This is Zoey and Charlie with the Easter Bunny.
( Found on line--do not know these lovely children personally)


My quirky (and adorable) nephew posts, “This weather is more confused than a squirrel with nut allergy.” That IS confused! On the upside; at least the mythical Easter Bunny has a fur coat right? Weather is probably the most talked about subject around the world. It may also be the vainest subject. There is nothing we can do about it. It may also be the safest topic.



Speaking of vanity; we received an unsolicited Victoria Secret catalogue in the mail. Before I pitched it, I noticed the mailing address. It was addressed to “Dana” Jackson. My straight laced modest husband and I got a lot of laugh miles on that one. There was discussion on his “alter ego” and such. Of course, there is the total absurdity of visualizing we two sixty plus duo in these beautiful yet scant garments.



Most things of this earth are totally out of our control. For those things God has made us responsible for are not. I am thankful the younger generation is rising up to repair some of the messes we have made. Whether through ignorance or complacency, much has happened on our watch that we will be held accountable for. I point the finger directly towards me. I pray that God will give Dan (Dana) and I all the wisdom, humility and courage to do whatever we can in our “maturity”.


For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Linda, I just found your blog. What a nice post...and images.