Friday, April 16, 2010

Traveling Companions


      I have a very special set of traveling companions.  They go everywhere I go.  Now before you envision a little old lady muttering to self pushing a shopping cart, let me venture to explain!



             The Angel Bear was given to me by my friend Diane when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001.  I took her with me to all of my treatments. She was a simple but special reminder that I had a host of dear friends and family praying, loving and supporting me. A few weeks later Diane was also diagnosed with breast cancer; giving the little Angel Bear even more meaning.  Angels were also now encamped around Diane and her family.

              Two of the grandchildren were especially captivated by my Angel Bear.  I explained to them why she meant so much to me. Not to be left out, they each gave me one of their favorites.  Megan selected her yellow Care Bear and Connor his Froggy.   Last week I realized Froggy was not in his usual spot.  I was in near panic mode by the time I finally located and returned him to his secured spot.

              The pink lamb is my newest friend.  She was a gift from my sister Rema in honor of a "Cancerversary".  She arrived in my life just in time. When I went through a re-occurrence scare; soft and huggable my little lamb comforted me.

               When the grandchildren are in "Nana's Bus", they gingerly buckle a friend in with them; those special friends who have become such an important part of our family.

               The seemingly smallest gesture can immeasurably touch a person's heart!  Lord, remind me to always to be mindful of others. As for the moment, I must take leave to check on the shopping cart!

 Forget not to show love unto strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Hebrews 13:2
American Standard Version






               

No comments: