Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"X" Marks the Spot

           Driving home recently, I was having yet another conversation with God on the same subject. We have been praying and seeking His direction.  "Lord, can you just spell it out for us? Give us a sign that we are making the right choices.  We so need your assurance we are on the right path."  Then just as on cue, ahead appeared a cloud formation shaped like an "X". 

        Thankfully, my husband and I are generally a good balance. I tend to be hastier with decisions. He takes time to think and pray: sometimes days, sometimes months.  I have learned to invoke what I call the anti-nag rule.  After asking twice, leave it alone!  Each time I venture past that or push; I have discovered the thinking clock starts all over.  In the meanwhile, God gives me these little signs of encouragement along the way.

       Effecting this particular decision was the expected change in Dan's employment.   There was a possibility of our relocating out of state should his present company purchase another.  Of course, God worked it out in better ways than we could have imagined.  His company was bought.  We received a welcoming letter from the new owners. With great excitement, Dan pointed to the bottom of the company stationery. Below the signature of the new CEO, was a scripture from the book of Isaiah.  Dan was confident in his decision.
     

        As with the Israelites in the wilderness; a cloud by day and fire by night, He still leads us.  He speaks to us as uniquely as He created us.  Even when we feel lost, He knows exactly where we are and where we are going. We are never off of His radar. His mark is always on us! Better yet, no anti-nag rules needed!


No comments: