Thursday, May 27, 2010

Comfort

      I had a list of things I had planned to accomplish today. Then life happened and rescheduled my day. I did manage to get a set of documents we had been working on for weeks off in the mail. A little weeding was done. It is a job I am not fond of but a necessary evil to keep the house from looking like the Addams family residence.



      Thankfully I don’t stress like I use too, but  today I found myself growing more and more anxious as the day seemed to rebel against me. Our dear friend Becky, as always was a good sounding board when I had my crazy moment. Upon arriving home, I found a voice message from another friend, just calling to say we were missed and loved. The day began to reshape. I once again was reminded, when you awake not feeling well, stop. It makes for a more peaceful and productive day.



     So, like a good Southern girl, we resorted to comfort food. On a recent visit to the country sister in law Ruthie gave us several bags of breaded okra. Dan loves fried okra but we try to avoid fried foods.

     Tonight we fell off the wagon and had a Southern Soul Food Comfort dinner of fried okra, fried green tomatoes and steak. Even with my cooking, we decided it was the best okra ever. Thanks Ruthie!



               I said we should perhaps consider purchasing a Fry Daddy for these occasional grease binges. Dan said, “A Fry Baby or a Fry Momma is okay. Fry Daddy, no way. Daddy doesn’t fry!” Any day that ends with a smile, is a good day!


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  Philipians 4:6

No comments: