Sunday, May 30, 2010

Papa's Got a New Ride!



          Since Dan spends more time in his vehicle than his own bed, we decided it was time for a more comfortable ride. I will hasten to add that forgetting to shift gears had nothing to do with this decision. Formerly in the automobile industry, he is privy to some inside info. At least the salesperson leaves him with that impression.

Negotiating stance!


           When it comes to car shopping Dan knows what he wants and nothing else will do. Fortunately we do not trade vehicles often. When Dan is in the market, we shop for weeks on end. Finally he decided it was time to strike. He declared he would be making a purchase on Friday. I did not know if we would be traveling to Little Rock or Memphis on this venture.







          Keep in mind when Dan changed from white crisply starched shirts to actually wearing light blue ones, it was a life changing event. He was still adamant about driving white cars only.





          Little Rock had the audacity not to have his color choice, so we were off to Memphis. The game was on. I chose to stow away in the waiting room during the intense negotiations. I can’t handle the speed, so I just stay off the track.



          Giving instructions to be summoned after a truce had been made; I retreated behind the safety of a book. Several hours later, Dan came for me. He was ready to leave the table. As we headed for the door, the sales manager decided he would meet all his terms.



          When we finally headed toward the exit with keys in hand, I was sure the drama was over. Not so. Dan had decided to take a walk on the wild side and bought a silver vehicle!







          Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19


          English Standard Version

No comments: