Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Dutiful Wife

At the beginning of each New Year, many Americans resolve to exercise, eat better and improve their overall health. Then, here they come to shatter all those resolutions.  The angelic faced Girl Scouts laden with irresistible cookies. Buying at least one box of each is our civic duty.  Just like baseball, hotdogs and mom's apple pie, it's an American Icon.

We took our delivery Sunday. There was little doubt what we would be doing after our Sunday afternoon nap.  A freshly brewed pot of coffee would go nicely with our favorite cookies; the round ones.

Of all days, Dan picks this one to swear off sweets, breads and fried foods completely from our diets. "What should I do with all these cookies?" I ask.  "Get rid of them." He says. 

So, being the dutiful wife that I am, I got rid of a box Monday.  I enjoyed every morsel.  In hopes of not having all of them reappear on my backside, I have stepped up time on the treadmill.  I don't know if it will hold up under the pressure.  The freezer is fully stocked and duty is calling.
For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. 1st Timothy 4:8


 




www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search1 Timothy 4:8

No comments: