Friday, March 5, 2010

Doris' Day

      An unknown author penned, "Sisters are flowers from the same garden."  As in all families, we have quite a variety.  On occasion we seem to produce more thistle and thorns than fragrant blooms! Then a rose appears just when you need it most.

      Today is my sister Doris' birthday.  As a teen she moved from Memphis to San Diego and for the most part, raised her family there. She has survived more sadness than any one person should have to endure. But, even in her darkest hours, she has always been mindful of others. Doris is one of the most loving and thoughtful persons I know.  Many times I have received a small gift or a note that is always like a smile from Heaven. The message is always clear.  I love you, God loves you and we are both thinking about you.

     Although she has always lived thousands of miles away from us, I remember the quality times we have spent together.  We have shared many long walks on the beach, shopping, and racing to catch sunsets, but mostly I just love being alone with my sister.

     Maybe I will learn to be more like her when I start to grow up!  In the meantime, Happy Birthday dear Sis!
Colossians 3:12, NIV. "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

No comments: